Turning HSBC employees into shareholders
Developing a communications programme to engage over 300,000 employees based in more than 80 countries and 100 sites
- To develop a communications programme to engage over 300,000 employees based in more than 80 countries and 100 sites to secure maximum participation in the Sharesave scheme.
- Brand development
- Writing and communications tools design
- Campaign planning
- Internal media management
- Proposition – Save a little, for more – featured in all communications
- Production of invitation packs, Sharesave brochure, posters desk drops, employee magazine adverts and articles promoting Sharesave
- Creation of animated brochure for Group intranet, intranet banners and email reminders
- Creation of screensaver animation for group wide deployment
- In total, over 150 communications items created in 14 languages each year
- Our first year saw Sharesave participation increase from 39% to 47% – that’s over 30,000 people!
- Since then high participation levels have been maintained or increased despite the volatile global equity markets and a general decline in savings
- Over 88 countries have participated
- 0ver 90,000 applications were received in 2010